The market is flooded with insecticides for bed bug treatment. Though they claim that they are able to kill each and every bug, this is true only when sprayed on contact. It is extremely important to be aware of the formulation of insecticides.
Common formulations include water suspensions, solutions, emulsions and dusts. Besides these, there is also a requirement to use accessory agents such as solvents, dust carriers, wetting and dispersing agents, deodorants or masking agents, stickers, antioxidants and synergists.
Proper timing is also important to get the most effective result.
This is one of most convenient insecticides for bed bug treatment. Fill with the above mentioned insecticides for bedbug treatments.
- Its extension is straight so that it can easily reach the infested areas especially in cracks and crevices.
- It locks off, and with lock on for continuous spray.
- It is provided with adjustable nozzle.
- Its light weight makes it portable.
- It also contains a SureSpray Anti-Clog Filter. This prevents clogging.
- It is easy to clean.
- Fluid level is easy to check, because of the translucent bottle.
- It is provided with both auto and manual high pressure relief valves.
Directions for use:
- Shake well
- Remove cap
- Keep spray opening directed away from yourself and others.
- To spray, push button.
- After spraying, vacate room to avoid inhalation, and let spray dry.
- Ventilate room before reoccupying it.
The insecticides which are available on the market for use against bedbugs are as follows:
It is a pyrethroid with A formulation. It is also one of the well known insecticides for bed bug treatment. Phenthrin with isopropanol and MGK264 is the active ingredient in Bedlam. You can freely use this aerosol product to treat garments, fabric and bedding materials. You can also spray it inside crevices, in cracks, around floorboards, baseboards, headboards and walls.
- It not only kills bedbugs on contact but also provides residual control.
- It is water based and non-irritating.
- It does not stain surfaces and water safe fabrics.
- It should be used only in non-food areas.
- Spray it only after a thorough cleaning of the infested place.
It is a Pyrithrod with A formulation. It is one of the contact and flushing insecticides for bed bug treatment.
- It formulation provides an extra fast and complete knockdown of bed bugs.
- The best part is it is safe enough to use in food areas.
- It can be used both indoors and out.
Other insecticides with A formulation are Prescription treatment PI, CB-123 Extra, 565 Plus XLO, D-Force HPX
Silica and Pyrethrins are the active ingredients in Drione with D formulation. It is also an excellent flushing agent. It leaves its residual effect for 6 months if left undisturbed. Other insecticides with D formulation are Tri-Die, EcoPCo DX, and deltaDust.
- It is non-staining.
- Relatively odorless
- It is desiccant dust.
- You can also use it in food plants and granaries.
It differs from Bedlam in that it is made with RTU formulation.
- It is also a versatile product.
- It can be used on beds and in upholstery.
- It is non-residual.
- It dries in 20 minutes.
- It kills on contact.
The active ingredient is Chlorfenapyr with SC formulation. It is ready to use aerosol spray can. It is also available in bottle form as Phantom liquid concentrate. It says that it can annihilate bed bugs in any stage of their development. To ensure its efficiency it should not be mixed with any other liquid. Mix 3 fl oz. of Phantom with one gallon of water. Avoid using it on carpets, clothing, bedding, on top of the mattress, sitting areas, bedding and pillows. Other insecticides with SC formulation are Tempo SC ultra and Suspend SC.
The active ingredient is Permethrin. It belongs to the Pyrethroid group with EC formulation.
The active ingredient is Hyroprene. It is an insect growth regulator with EC formulation. Other insecticides with Ec formulation are EcoPCO EC and Kicker.
The active ingredient is Tralomethrin. It belongs to pyrethroid group with WP formulation as the name itself says.
Make use of above mentioned insecticides for bed bug treatment and live a bed bug free life.