Your dress sense represents your style. That is why clothing is seen as a style statement. You pay so much of attention to them and when they become infested with bedbugs it is a most terrible moment. With severe bedbug infestations you must know how to kill bed bugs on clothes. Infestation of bedbugs on your favorite piece of clothing indicates rounds and rounds of laundering. It also signals the loss of appeal of the fabric. However, there are several other effective ways to get rid of these pesky pests.
How to kill bed bugs on clothes
The following are the most practical ways to do so
- Treatment with bleaching powder. Sprinkle some bleaching powder on your clothes.
- Place the clothes in a deep freezer.
- Handheld steamers are also one of those best ways to kill bed bugs on clothes.
- Wash your clothes frequently. Use warm water to do so.
- You can also use bleaching powder. Dissolve 1 tablespoon of bleaching powder in warm water. Use hot water at extreme temperatures as it is a well-known fact that bed bugs cannot survive at temperatures greater than 114 degrees Fahrenheit, or at least 60 degrees Celsius.
- Place the garments in a dryer to get rid of bed bugs from your clothes.
- Vacuum the clothes. This is also one of the best ways to kill bed bugs on clothes. After that treatment put these clothes in plastic bags.
- You can also expose your clothes to sunlight. The heat of direct sunlight is enough to kill bed bugs. However, this is possible only on sunny days. For other climatic conditions, you have to go with the other ways to get rid of bed bugs.
- Dry cleaning your clothes also results in getting the bed bugs out of them, and will preserve your clothes’ ability to present your style statement.
- Use an alcohol solution to get rid of bed bugs from your clothes.
- Borax is equally effective in removing bed bugs from your clothes.
- Whenever an infested house is treated with pesticides or by exterminators, it results in complete removal of pests including bed bugs. This requires no special treatment of clothes.
Although the above treatments are effective enough to get rid of bed bugs from your clothes, it is very hard to kill the bed bugs. You can either prevent or remove them, but it is difficult to kill them. The most effective way is to prevent the bed bugs by following the prevention methods.