How long do bed bugs’ bites last varies depending on the individual. In some victims what begins as large wheals left by bed bugs eventually becomes a disease. Recuperating from bed bug bite symptoms is not as easy as it seems, truth be told. However, most cases do not usually require treatment. Some say it last for a week while there are many who have received bug bites and never felt even a pinch. The bed bug usually feeds for 5 minute period at a time. They usually feed for 5 to 10 days and no more than that.
How soon you recuperate from it also depends on the type of bite you got from these pests
- Large wheals left by bed bugs eventually grow into red marks which fade away soon.
- Bites can cause eventually result in swelling and blisters are the worst form of bed bug bites. They stay for a longer period of time and can require dermatologists’ treatment as well.
Severe case of bed bug bite
- Bites that cause itching and if you do not stop yourself from scratching then it can cause further injury which eventually leads to huge yellow marks.
Bed bite bites which stay for only 2 to 3 days
- Most of the time bed bug bites naturally swell within 10 minutes to 24 hours. They swell and appear reddish with a little discomfort and itchiness.
Factors which enhance the bite symptoms and cause bites to stay longer
- Scratching causes the bites to swell instantly.
- Bites are too small to be noticed. Even some dermatologists are not able to diagnose it. Thus they can not treat it properly.
Understanding bed bug bites and getting rid of them earlier
- Be assured you will never get any hazardous disease from bed bug bites, though the symptoms can be painful.
- As soon as you notice a bed bug bite wash it with soap and water immediately. This can provide you instant relief from bed bug bites.
- You can also apply anti-itch creams. These anti-itch creams are readily available in various drug stores. They are also helpful in curing bed bug bites.
- Apply as ice pack to the affected area to get instant relief from bed bug bites. Ice has the potential to minimize swelling.
- To reduce pain, it is highly advisable to take a painkiller.
- Get rid of bed bugs and of course you will not be ever be bitten. Now a days more judicious and focused treatments are followed to get rid of bed bugs.
- Discard all badly infested items, such as bedding, and persue other ways to get rid of bed bugs as soon as possible.
- When bed bugs feed, they do so with the beak. They also transfer some saliva with their bites. Fortunately, their saliva does not contain any pathogen so it is incapable of causing any allergic reaction.
Avoid wounds due to scratching itches. Leave it alone and work on getting rid of the bed bugs. If your skin reacts harshly to bed bug bites then consult a dermatologist or follow some of the handy remedies mentioned above. At worst, that is how long do bed bugs’ bites last.