No, definitely not! Tanning beds never produce bed bugs. They can not do so. Still questions persist such as “Are there bed bugs in Tanning Beds?” or “Can you get bedbugs from a tanning bed?” The ultraviolet light which these bed bugs produce is always dangerous to bed bugs. Nano-UV Wand or light scanners are used to kill bed bugs.
However, there are many complaints that some people have found bed bugs lying in their home tanning bed. Now, how can you get bedbugs from a tanning bed? The most logical answer to this question is if bed bugs can hide almost anywhere, then why not in a tanning bed? They can be easily killed, however, the moment you turn on your tanning bed UV light. Bedbugs can not survive in the heat of tanning bed. A few tanning bed users have also found dead bugs and their shed shells.
The fact is that tanning beds generate UV light, so how can they give rise to bed bugs? In ancient times they used to say that bed bugs are only attracted to rich people. The reason behind this was that they used to have the coziest and warmest rooms.
Stop making life so cushy and get rid of bed bug! Bed bugs are attracted to any place where they find warmth and moisture. The moderate range of temperature at which bed bugs survive is between 48 degrees Fahrenheit to 97 degrees Fahrenheit. At higher temperatures bed bugs generally die.
A few measures to keep your tanning bed free of bed bug infestation
- If you have already bought an old tanning bed because it was cheaper, then do not worry about the bed bug infestation. If a problem exists, there exists a solution too. Fill a tub with soap water. Put the four legs of your tanning bed in that soapy water. Now your bed is absolutely ready for you to tan yourself. First of all the smooth walls of tanning bed do not allow bed bugs to climb up and if they do so then they will, of course, fall into the soapy water and drown.
- It is always recommended to take a shower before you begin your tanning session. Dry your body completely, as left over moisture on your body can also make your tanning bed damp, which might lead to an infestation of bed bugs inside the tanning bed.
- Routinely disinfect your tanning bed with a cleaning agent such as SunMaster Tanning Bed Cleaner. Spray it after mixing diluting it with water.
SunMaster Tanning Bed Cleaner Kit
- Disinfect your tanning bed properly with this spray. Do not forget to spray it on the tanning bed lamps and reflectors. After spraying, wipe it down with a soft rag. Sanitize it completely.
- Do not forget to spray SunMaster Tanning bed cleaner on your goggles.
- You can also test whether complete sanitization is achieved or not with the help of test strips. Test strips are cheap and easily available.
- Apply some Vaseline on your tanning bed outside surfaces so that bed bug cannot climb up.
How can you get bedbugs from a tanning bed if you are following all the above precautions? Enjoy bed bug free tanning!