Past few experiences provide us the clue that traveling is the most common method of the spread of bed bugs around the world. The following bed bug products include pillows, pillow-cases, laundry bags and luggage liners. When planning your trip, make sure these products are a part of it. Without them, there is a high probability of bringing these creatures into your house when you return from your journey. All the anti bed bug products listed below are approved by entomologists.
Reasons to protect your laundry from bed bugs
- Your clothes provide several hiding places for bed bugs. Therefore, these are the places most vulnerable to bed bug infestation.
- Clothing also provides easy access to human blood (the food source for bed bugs).
- It’s very common to find dirty clothes cluttering most houses. Therefore, it is advisable to get at least one laundry bag for every room.
- Bed bugs can move to other areas of your house from your laundry. Though this is the final point, it is one of the main reasons to have enough laundry bags.
Use laundry bags after you discover bed bug infestation in your clothes to stop their migration to other areas of the house. It is very effective in trapping them inside.
Bed bug proof pillow and pillow-case
- These pillows are most suitable for traveling.
- These pillows and pillow-cases also protect you from allergens such as dust mites.
- Several reviews suggest that the fabric of these pillows cases is comfortable and breathable.
- They are machine washable.
- They are 100% micro-polyester.
- They are approved by entomologists.
- The cost is $16.99 at bedbug.com.
Anti bed bug laundry bags
To protect both your house and clothes, you should have several anti-bed bug laundry bags. Its zipper technology (patent pending) stops bed bugs from entering the bags and thus onto the clothes. They are affordable enough to have few in your laundry. They are machine washable, therefore it’s a one-time purchase. You do not have to repeatedly spend your hard earned money on them.
How to use anti-bed bug laundry bags
- Use them to hold both clean and dirty clothing, but separately.
- Do not forget to wash the bags as well with the clothes.
- Zip the bag immediately after washing it to protect it from bed bug entry.
- Use cold water to wash the bags. They can be tumble or line-dried.
Anti-bed bug luggage liners
With these products, you can enjoy your travels without worrying about bed bugs. Traveling is the most common way of spreading bed bugs. These liners keep your clothing from them. It costs $19.99 at bedbug.com.
There are several anti-bed bug products such as mattresses, repellents, sprays, insecticides, etc. Make sure to include them in your list of household products, so that you can have them available along with other items.
If you already suffer from bed bug infestation, the above mentioned bed bug products must be a part of your household items as recommended by several pest management companies.